Hillsborough County Personal Injury and Accident Attorney
Serving You and The State of Florida
Hillsborough County is the heart of Tampa Bay, Florida. More than 1.3 million people live here, and thousands more arrive every year. Its strength comes from its rich history, thriving economy, diverse culture, and excellent quality of life. Residents and visitors alike find a fertile business environment, abundant natural beauty, and a vibrant lifestyle that fosters unique experiences.
Unfortunately, Hillsborough County also sees its fair share of accidents and injuries. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, in 2020 there were 24,168 motor vehicle crashes, 198 of which were fatal. In total, there were 16,450 injuries and 230 fatalities.
In Florida, motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall injuries, and medical errors are everyday occurrences. If another person’s careless and reckless actions lead to an accident, the responsible party can and should be held responsible for damages.
If you or a loved one were severely injured due to someone else’s negligence, let the Lopez Law Group help you bring these parties to justice. A Hillsborough County personal injury lawyer at our firm can handle the legal elements of your case while you focus on healing. We take cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you don’t pay us unless we win!
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
At the Lopez Law Group, we represent victims of negligence. We know that it only takes a second for a careless driver, medical professional, or property owner to change someone else’s life forever. If our clients suffer serious injuries that result in extensive medical care, lost income, and other expenses, we will fight for them.
- Car Accidents: In Florida, car accidents are the leading cause of personal injury. The shocking fact is that most of these accidents, which often result in traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and disability, could have been prevented. We have obtained significant compensation for victims of drunk, distracted, and negligent drivers.
- Bicycle Injury: Many bicyclists are ignored by other road users – which can lead to tragic results. When bicyclists are involved in accidents, they can suffer severe and sometimes catastrophic injuries. When other parties cause these accidents, injured riders have the right to claim compensation.
- Birth Injuries: Have you or your child suffered an injury during pregnancy, labor, or after delivery? If your newborn was injured as a result of medical negligence or malpractice, contact the experienced Florida birth injury lawyers at the Lopez Law Group.
- Boating Accidents: Driving a boat is very different from driving a car. In rough waters, boat operators require precise control in addition to experience, attention, and skill. Often, victims and their families come to our firm after being injured by a boat operator who was inexperienced, drunk, or did not pay attention during operation.
- Nursing Home Abuse: Allegations of nursing home abuse or neglect should be addressed with the help of a Florida nursing home abuse lawyer. These facilities are required to provide their residents with a clean, safe, and nurturing environment; if that doesn’t happen, the victim and their family may be entitled to compensation.
- Slip and Fall Injuries: If you visit another person’s property, whether it is a home or a business, you expect to be safe. Unfortunately, there are people who poorly maintain their property. If a slip and fall leaves you with high medical bills and lost income, let a Hillsborough County personal injury and accident attorney at our firm help.
- Trucking Accidents: Large trucks can cause significant damage to occupants of smaller vehicles. A commercial vehicle accident can cause serious injuries and fatalities, in addition to property damage. When a truck driver or trucking company causes an accident, let us help you seek compensation for damages.
These are only a few of the case types we handle, so please contact us if your accident doesn’t fall into any of the above categories. We recognize that every situation is unique, and we work hard to provide you with a legal solution that is tailored to your needs and circumstances.
Damages You Can Claim in a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Hillsborough County
When you file a personal injury lawsuit, you can seek compensation for losses that you suffered due to the accident. This includes economic damages, which are quantifiable through invoices, receipts, and other financial paperwork, and non-economic damages, which are non-financial losses.
Examples of economic damages include:
- The cost of medical care
- Cost of future medical care
- Therapies for rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning potential
- Property damage
- Punitive damages
Non-economic damages address the psychological and emotional aspects of a catastrophic accident. They include pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and, for your family, loss of consortium.
Our Hillsborough County personal injury lawyers take a client-centered approach at all times. Our firm takes tremendous pride in providing the best possible legal service to you and your family when you need it most.
Why Hire the Lopez Law Group?
At the Lopez Law Group, our Hillsborough County personal injury lawyers have a reputation for their high level of professionalism, ethics, and results. By cutting through all the red tape and making the legal system work for you, we can get you the results you deserve. When you’re struggling to cope with the aftermath of a serious injury, you can turn to our firm knowing you have a trusted ally at your side every step of the way.
Our firm has helped numerous injured victims, workers, and surviving family members obtain the money and support they need to cover medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses caused by a preventable accident. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients never have to worry about out-of-pocket costs until we obtain a recovery on their behalf. Moreover, we offer our clients a confidential case evaluation before getting started.
Talk to a Hillsborough County Personal Injury Lawyer
At the Lopez Law Group, we have a passion for justice and know what it takes to get you maximum compensation for your losses. Our Hillsborough County personal injury team will provide you with skillful representation at all stages of your claim. No matter what type of legal issue you are facing, we strive to ensure the most favorable outcome for you and your family. To schedule a no-obligation consultation with a Hillsborough County personal injury and accident attorney, call 727-933-0015 or use our online form.
- Legal Services in Florida
- Automobile Accident Lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle Injury Lawyers in Florida
- Birth Injuries
- Blood Pressure Medication Recall
- Boating Accidents
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Florida
- Business Lawyers in Florida
- Commercial Real Estate Lawyers in Florida
- Creditor Harassment
- Criminal Law
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Florida
- Drug Crimes
- DUI Lawyers in Florida
- Expunction and Sealing Law Services in Florida
- Florida Clemency
- Florida Zantac Lawsuits
- Ikea Dressers
- Injunction Lawyers in Florida
- Insurance Bad Faith Attorneys
- Internet Crime Lawyers in Florida
- Land Trust Lawyers in Florida
- Landlord / Tenant Dispute Lawyers in Florida
- Maritime Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accident
- Personal Injury
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Probate Lawyers in Florida
What Our Clients Say
Mr. Lopez was a Godsend and really helped me with my situation. Him and the entire firm were very diligent and helped speed the early stages of the process along due to a pressing situation. Throughout my experience working with the firm, they were always responsive and available any time I had a question or wanted to check on the state of affairs. Hopefully I won’t have to recommend Lopez Law Group to my friends or family, but if those unfortunate circumstances arise then there’s only one name I would trust. Thank you again for all your help!