Sarasota County Personal Injury and Accident Attorney
Serving You and The State of Florida
Sarasota County is located approximately 60 miles south of Tampa Bay along Florida’s western coast. The area, which includes the cities of Sarasota, Venice, and North Port, as well as the town of Longboat Key, is known for its pristine white beaches and eclectic neighborhoods.
Despite its advantages and appeal, accidents and injuries occur in Sarasota County like anywhere else, some of them severe enough to cause death. According to the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office, there were 10,833 motor vehicle accidents in the county in 2020, 886 of which involved DUIs. A total of 61 people were killed.
At the Lopez Law Group, we take a comprehensive approach to helping accident victims. We understand that your immediate concerns include paying your medical bills, securing quality care for your injuries, and meeting your living expenses – not to mention taking care of yourself and your family. That is what we are here to help you with.
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
Our experienced and compassionate Sarasota personal injury lawyers at the Lopez Law Group are here to help when you need it. Taking care of your family and your future is our number one priority. Our team will act quickly to help you demand compensation and justice in legal matters involving:
- Car Accidents: If you have been involved in a car accident in Sarasota County, we can handle your case on your behalf. Our law firm will determine the cost of your damages, including medical bills, lost income, and property damage. We will then pursue compensation through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
- Bicycle Injury: Bicyclists in Sarasota County have the same rights and protections as other road users. If you are injured in an accident, you have legal recourse. When you partner with us, we will do everything in our power to ensure a positive outcome.
- Birth Injuries: The actions or poor decisions of medical professionals during childbirth can harm your baby. When your newborn suffers serious injury or dies, you have the right to know what happened. If the outcome could have been predicted and prevented, you may be able to claim medical malpractice.
- Boating Accidents: The beautiful waters of Florida have made boating a popular recreational activity. However, activities like speeding and operating a boat under the influence can cause an outing to end in tragedy. If this happens to you, a Sarasota County personal injury and accident attorney can help.
- Nursing Home Abuse: In nursing homes, doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals have a duty to provide a standard of care to residents. If they do not, you can hold them accountable. If you suspect that your loved one has suffered nursing home abuse, contact the Lopez Law Group.
- Slip and Fall Injuries: An injury caused by a slip and fall may have an impact on a person’s ability to work, participate in family events and activities, and go about normal daily tasks. If a negligent property owner or manager leaves you with serious injuries, we can help.
- Trucking Accidents: Heavy truck accidents often result in serious injuries. They also raise some of the most complex legal issues. You should therefore work with a lawyer with experience handling complex personal injury cases. Our understanding of the laws that govern the trucking industry can make a huge difference in the outcome of your claim.
The Lopez Law Group also handles claims arising from product liability, insurance bad faith, workers’ compensation. Call us to learn more about the different cases we handle in Sarasota County.
Damages You Can Claim in a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Sarasota, FL
Under Florida law, you may pursue both economic and non-economic damages in a personal injury claim. Examples of economic damages, which are quantifiable using bills, receipts, and payroll history, include:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitative treatments like physiotherapy and counseling
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage
Non-economic damages, which you may be able to recover if you are in severe pain or disabled after the accident, include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Your Sarasota County personal injury lawyer will help you collect evidence of these damages, assign a value to them, and include the information in settlement negotiations.
Why Hire the Lopez Law Group?
When you place your trust in Lopez Law Group, you will soon realize that we are not like other personal injury law firms. We operate our firm based on the needs and best interests of our clients. It is our mission to help you, to work for you, and to fight for you.
When Sarasota County residents are injured due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, we offer aggressive representation and compassionate support every step of the way. We handle a variety of personal injury and wrongful death cases, from car and trucking accidents to boating accidents and nursing home abuse. Contact us to learn why so many injured Floridians have trusted us with their cases.
Talk to a Sarasota County Personal Injury Lawyer Today
In the wake of an accident, you may be dealing with the stress of lost work time, costly medical bills, and constant pain. You may become anxious about your ongoing disability and the strain it puts on your financial security and quality of life as time goes by.
The Lopez Law Group is here to help you put your life back together. If you hire us for your personal injury claim, a Sarasota County personal injury and accident attorney will diligently pursue maximum compensation for all of your losses. Contact us for a consultation by calling 727-933-0015 or using our online form.
- Legal Services in Florida
- Automobile Accident Lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle Injury Lawyers in Florida
- Birth Injuries
- Blood Pressure Medication Recall
- Boating Accidents
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Florida
- Business Lawyers in Florida
- Commercial Real Estate Lawyers in Florida
- Creditor Harassment
- Criminal Law
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Florida
- Drug Crimes
- DUI Lawyers in Florida
- Expunction and Sealing Law Services in Florida
- Florida Clemency
- Florida Zantac Lawsuits
- Ikea Dressers
- Injunction Lawyers in Florida
- Insurance Bad Faith Attorneys
- Internet Crime Lawyers in Florida
- Land Trust Lawyers in Florida
- Landlord / Tenant Dispute Lawyers in Florida
- Maritime Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accident
- Personal Injury
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Probate Lawyers in Florida
What Our Clients Say
Mr. Lopez was a Godsend and really helped me with my situation. Him and the entire firm were very diligent and helped speed the early stages of the process along due to a pressing situation. Throughout my experience working with the firm, they were always responsive and available any time I had a question or wanted to check on the state of affairs. Hopefully I won’t have to recommend Lopez Law Group to my friends or family, but if those unfortunate circumstances arise then there’s only one name I would trust. Thank you again for all your help!